You guys are probably wondering why the title says â€œblossomâ€, huh? Hereâ€™s a sneak peak of the prototype Iâ€™m working on that will be part of the lion frame that Iâ€™ve already finished.
The first part of the Lion Brothers Project will be now officially named â€œBlossomâ€. The rest of the explanation will remain a mystery until Iâ€™m done with the entire lion head. 😉
As for the 2nd part of the Lion Brothers Project, Iâ€™ve already begun building the lion from scratch. Mad respect to those who have already built one from scratch â€“ it is indeed very challenging. I started by cutting handlebars from an old broomstick and attaching them to the salvaged rim I acquired.
I then started adding bamboo strips to form the basic shape. This part was the most challenging so far, because each strip I added changed the shape of the previous strip. That is when Chris Low mentioned the A frame/inverted V frame. It is supposed to temporarily keep the bamboo pieces in the right shape until enough strips are put on so it can hold its own shape. It can also help with keeping the frame symmetrical. This method was actually mentioned to me a long time ago but I completely forgot about it! Hope the shape comes out okay without the A frame/inverted V frame. Â Here is a picture of what Iâ€™ve done for the first two days:
More updates coming soon!